You’ve dreamed of owning a second home where you can retreat, relax and make lifelong memories. Now that you’ve realized that dream at Torreon, one of the premier second-home communities in northern Arizona, here are some tips for maintaining your home.
Torreon Realtor Linda Cedarblade said Torreon is a private, master planned community that creates true lock-and-leave situations for those who desire freedom to come and go as they please.
"Torreon is the perfect community for a second home, providing homeowners the opportunity to offer other families the best place for hanging out with the people that matter most,” Cedarblade said. "The welcoming atmosphere of the area makes everyone feel at home within a short period of time."
Regardless of which Torreon neighborhood you select, we've listed a few tips to make maintaining a second home a breeze:
- It’s good to have someone checking on the house from time to time. Consider asking a neighbor to keep an eye on your property.
- If you welcome friends and family to stay at your home while you’re away, make a checklist of important steps to take, both when arriving and leaving. This may include turning the water heater on and off and adjusting the thermostat.
- Make a list of everything that needs to be maintained when you’re away such as the yard, storm/wind preparation and a professional house cleaner.
- Torreon also offers 24/7 security in the community.
- While Torreon is a private community, investing in a security system or home security cameras that can be viewed from a mobile app can give you additional peace of mind.
- Investing in smart home devices and appliances can aid you in controlling the home when you’re not present.
- Secure solid references, in advance of maintenance situations, for services you may need including a locksmith, air conditioning repair, a plumber, an electrician or even just a general handyman. Having these resources on speed dial just makes life easier!
"We're sure homeowners will enjoy their new high-mountain retreat nestled amidst pinon pine trees here in the White Mountains," Cedarblade said. "Let us know your favorite second-home tips as you visit your new retreat in the gorgeous rolling hills of Show Low."
Located just three hours from Phoenix in Show Low, Ariz., Torreon is a luxury golfing community nestled in the White Mountains. It offers convenience, world-class recreation and amenities for the entire family. Offering everything from a sprawling outdoor pool, expansive fitness center to award-winning food at Torreon Grille as well as a family and game center, fishing pond and endless trails throughout the community, every member or guest is sure to enjoy time at Torreon. Learn more at https://www.torreon.com/ Contact Linda Cedarblade, designated broker for Torreon Realty at (928) 532-3030 or email@example.com for more information on gorgeous, high country lots nestled in the White Mountains.